About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

27 March 2011

Hunger Games Casting

A couple of weeks ago the lovely Jennifer Lawrence was cast as Katniss from the Hunger Games.
Some people were unhappy that she was cast, that she was too blonde, too beautiful, not tough enough, etc. They were picturing her looking phenomenal at the Oscars. I understand people's hesitation, I mean, this is Katniss, she kind of makes or breaks the movie...

However, I'm pretty happy actually for a couple of reasons. 1)They can definitely dye her hair and make her look more rough/tough/starved, etc.
This is her in Winter's Bone.


2) A friend of mine saw Winter's Bone (which I didn't) and she thinks that Jennifer will be excellent as Katniss and that she will be able to pull of tough and edgy with no problem.

3)She was nominated for an Oscar!!! This makes me happy and hopeful that the Hunger Games movies will be of higher quality than say, Twilight. They are hiring quality actors.

4)Suzanne Collins has seen her as Katniss and approves.

5)She loves Peeta.

Busy Bee Lauren posted this morning about a list of guys under consideration for the roles of Peeta and Gale. Check out the list here.

Here are my two cents on those under consideration:
Gale

Liam Hemsworth-
He is very, very attractive. He was in The Last Song with Miley Cyrus and that was a pretty great movie in my opinion. He's kind of a blondie, but that could be easily taken care of.


Robbie Amell-
Definitely looks like he's been climbing trees and could take some people down. Also he's pretty darn attractive. He was in Cheaper by the Dozen Two, I think he was the oldest brother in the rival family.


Drew Roy-
He was on Hannah Montana the show (lots of Miley Cyrus connections in this casting list...) as her bf Jesse. I can definitely see him as Gale.


David Henrie-
Let me preface this by saying that I love David Henrie. I love his adorkableness as Justin Russo. I love Wizards and I love Justin and I love his nerdiness. However, that is not Gale. Gale is not a dork; he is not nerdy. I think that I would find it very hard to believe him as Gale even if he did an awesome acting job....






Peeta

Josh Hutcherson
I have a hard time picturing him as Peeta because of the hair color difference. However, I liked him in the Kids are All Right and I think he's a good quality actor. Also he was in Bridge to Teribithia-
I'd really have to see him with blonde hair before I can adequately judge, but I'd be OK with him as Peeta.


Alexander Ludwig-
At first I was seeing all these pics of him that looked like this one above and I thought, no he looks about twelve and kind of feminine or something, not like my Peeta. But those shots were mostly from 2009. However then I found this shot
which is from 2010, and I thought maybe... Sidenote- he was also in movie with Ana Sophia Rob, just like Josh Hutcherson...



Hunter Parrish-
Oh hi, you can be my Peeta.
I think he really looks the part...


Lucas Till-
Can't you just see him as Peeta, he's got a great smile! And yes, he was in the Hannah Montana Movie, but we won't hold that against him.

Swoon.


Evan Peters-
At first I saw this...
and I thought heck to the no. There is no way that this bum can be Peeta.

Then I found this pic
and I felt a lot better. This I could work with. He still wouldn't be my first choice, but he doesn't look like a bum...

Overall I'd be OK with pretty much any of the guys for Gale (David Henrie excepted). My top choice for Peeta would probably be Lucas Till, Alexander Ludwig, maybe if that second shot is really what he looks like now, maybe Josh Hutcherson if he's believable as a blonde... I don't know, I'll probably have changed my mind by tomorrow...

Well that was more like 46.5 cents, but there you go. Who do you think should play Peeta and Gale?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?