About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

11 April 2013

Clockwork Princess Quotes

Too many good quotes for one blog post, but here we go:

"Dying a little faster for love. And there are worse things to die for." Oh Jem.

"Jem-- Jem is all the better part of myself." Will. Darn right he is.

" 'You saved my life.' Will had said. A smile spread across Jem's face, as brilliant as the sunrise breaking over the Thames. 'That is all I ever wanted.'"

"'It is a very strange thing to be in love,' [Jem] said. 'It changes you."" *sigh*

"It was like I saw your soul in the notes of the music." Tessa to Jem

"'Every heart has its own melody.' [Jem] said. 'You know mine.'" Jem to Tessa

"Don't you dare speak about it as if Jem has all of the choice about it and I have none...This engagement was not forced on me,  nor do I have any illusions about Jem's health. I chose to be with him for however many days or minutes we are granted, and count myself blessed to have them." Tessa

"Hope is not an illusion." Will to Tessa about Jem, what a tangled love triangle

"I can tell you that the end of a life is the sum of the love that was lived in it, that whatever you think you have sworn, being here at the end of Jem's life is not what is important. It was being here for every other moment. Since you met him, you have never left him and never not loved him. That is what matters." Magnus to Will

"You endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all." Magnus to Will about losing loved ones

"And now I need you to do for me what I cannot do for myself. For you to be my eyes when I do not have them. For you to be my hands when I cannot use them. For you to be my heart when mine is done with beating." Jem to Will

"'You can be assured that no one will be coming to rescue you now.' [Mortmain]... 'Then I will have to rescue myself.'" Tessa. Boo yah!

"There must always be a first...It is not easy to be first, and it is not always rewarding, but it is important." Jem to Charlotte on becoming Consul

"'I lived for you,' [Jem] said. 'And I lived for Will, and then I lived for Tessa-- and for myself, because I wanted to be with her. But I cannot live for other people forever. No one can say that death found in me a willing comrade, or that I went easily. If you say you need me, I will stay as long as I can for you. I will live for you and yours, and go down fighting death until I am worn away to bone and splinters. But it would not be my choice." Jem to Charlotte

"I told you before Jem, that you would not leave me... And you are still with me. When I breathe, I will think of you, for without you I would have been dead years ago. When I wake up and when I sleep, when I lift up my hands to defend myself when I lie down to die, you will be with me. You say we are born and born again. I say there is a river that divides the dead and the living. What I do know is that if we are born again, I will meet you in another life, and if there is a river, you will wait on the shores for me to come to you, so that we can cross together." Will after he thinks Jem has died.

"There was human goodness in the world, she thought--all caught up with desires and dreams, regrets and bitterness, resentments and powers, but it was there, and Mortmain would never see it."

"Life was an uncertain thing, and there were some moments one wished to remember, to imprint upon one's mind that the memory might be taken out later, like a flower pressed between the pages of a book, and admired and recollected anew."

"Listen to me. I am leaving, but I am living. I will not be gone from you entirely, Will. When you fight now, I will be still by you. When you wlak in the world, I will be the light at your side, the ground steady under your feet, the force that drives the sword in your hand. We are bound, beyond the oath. The Marks did not change that. The oath did not change that. It merely gave words to something that existed already." Jem to Will

"There are things no magic can destroy, for they are magic in themselves." Tessa to Elias Carstairs

"One does not question miracles, or complain that they are not constructed perfectly to one's liking." Jem to Tessa

<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?