About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

28 July 2010

Jillibean's an Aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I spent all of last week soaking up time with my adorable newborn niece- Emma Joy! My big sis and bro-in-law don't really want lots of pictures of her posted in cyberspace, but I'll post some others and the story of our trip :)

Big Sis and bro-in-law live in IL, we live in MI. It is about a six hour drive there.

Momma, Daddy, Lil Sis and I decided to go up north the weekend of July 16 because it was still three weeks before Sis's due date (Aug. 7). The Thurs. before I headed up to "The Lodge" (my aunt and uncle's cabin/house/mansion) Sis texted that she'd been to the Dr. and she was dilated a few centimeters and he didn't think she'd make it to her due date. I informed my boss at work of this fact so she would be prepared since I'd be taking some time off to visit. Then we headed up north.

On Saturday (the 17th) we were going for a 3 hour rafting trip down a river. We texted Big Sis to tell her not to go in labor while we were on the river. She didn't. We enjoyed a beautiful MI Saturday complete with grilling and a campfire.

Sunday (the 18th) morning Lil Sis and I awoke to Momma knocking on our bedroom door. Big Sis's water had broken and they were heading to the hospital!!! While we were three hours from home, which is six hours from IL!!! Yikes! So we got dressed and packed in less than 1/2 hour, bid our aunt and uncle good-bye and hit the road. As we were driving we made furious lists of all the things we needed to pack to take with us. After it was confirmed that Big Sis was checked into the hospital and was going to have the baby, Amy and I let our respective employers know that we would be missing the next week of work.

We got home in record time, furiously repacked all of our stuff and about an hour after arriving home we set off for IL. It was a bit of a stressful drive, we kept telling each other we would just do the best we could to get there before the baby was born, but it might not happen. Bro-in-law was texting us updates that he was bored and nothing was happening...

Just as we arrived at the hospital we got a text from BIL telling us that things were happening and it probably wouldn't be too long. We bopped up to the delivery floor and said hi to BIL, then headed for the cafeteria cause we were starving!! Then we hung out in the healing garden and waited... and waited... and waited...

Finally when it was getting dark we headed back up to wait outside the delivery floor. Around 9:00pm we got a text saying that BIL was coming out!! He came out and told us that the baby had been born, a girl (which we knew) named Emma Joy!!! He showed us some pictures that he had taken. We texted and called friends and the great-grandparents.

Then we got to go meet her!!! She is adorable!!!!!!!!!!! So cute! We each got to hold her for a couple of minutes less than two hours after she was born :) We didn't take any pictures that night, but we took lots over the next week!!

After they took her to the nursery for her bath, we headed out. But on our way out we passed the big window of the nursery where we could watch E. She was mostly happy, cried a bit, chewed on her hands and fell asleep. We must have watched for at least ten minutes before we headed out.

Congrats to Sis and BIL!!!! E's the first grandchild for my parents and the first great-grandchild for Momma's parents, so everybody is pretty excited!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?