About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

24 April 2010

Jillibean Gets Crafty 2

Jillibean gets crafty 2
So awhile ago I did a post about me being crafty (). I always meant to do more (hence the part 1) but I haven't gotten around to it...

Sometimes I like to scrapbook or create special graduation present photo books for my besties!! Two of my most favorite girls at school are graduating next Saturday :( They've been such amazing roommates and friends; God knew what he was doing when he put them in my life!!!

So to recognize how much they've meant to me I made them each photo/memory books with about twenty-five pictures from our four years together at school.

First, I ordered 50 pictures from Shutterfly for free. If you sign up for an account they give you fifty free prints!! Jillibean loves free :)

Second, I cut all of my 8 ½ x 11 cardstock into 8 x8 squares on Mom’s paper cutter.
Then I put all of the pictures in chronological order and got to work. Since I had already used all of my cardstock for the pages, I decided to just use the scraps for my page decorations and captions and such. I also used some letters stickers and some music notes, but I didn’t want them to be super decorated. I was going for simple.

Here are some my favorite pages:
I love this picture and this memory- good times

I love this color combo. Whenever pink and green are together lil sis and I call it watermelon (i.e. What a cute watermelon shirt!)

This is from Valentine’s Day. I love the colors together and the sepia tone of the picture.

Next, I bound the books with a binding machine.
Finally, I gave the books to the girls when we were out for breakfast this morning. They loved them! And looking at each others.  It amazed me how different we look just four years later!! I am going to miss these fabulous ladies- but I know that God has amazing things planned for them <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?