About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

14 March 2010

Jillibean Gets Crafty, Part 1

Sometimes I like to be crafty. I really only craft two things, but I love it.

First I love to knit. I can't do really knitting (aka I've never learned/tried) but I can knit some rockin' hats. (I would tell you how, but my mom doesn't want our secret to get out. We've told some people the secret to our success and now she is sad that she has spread the love. Seriously, we saw a commercial on TV giving away our secret and she was upset... :) love her!)

Anyway, I think what I love most about knitting is picking out the color combos. For our hats you have to use two diff. colors of yarn at the same time. I love arranging the colors and picking out cute combos. It's the same reason I like helping my mom pick out fabrics for quilts or would love to plan parties/do interior design; I love mixing and matching colors; it's kind of my thing!

So here are some of my fab creations...

This is a baby hat I made. I've been making lots of baby hats recently 1) because they are fast to make :) and 2) because my big sis is having a baby in August!!! :D Since they don't know the sex yet, I'm making some gender neutral and some not. They get to find out in less than ten days!!!


Here is me modeling a lovely yellow, white and gray number. This is the first hat I've made that I am keeping. My mom, lil sis and I make a bunch of hats year round and then donate them.


I love this yarn- the white, yellow, purple, pink, gree and blue one. It matches everything!!


Cute lil baby hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?