About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

20 January 2010

The Wardrobe of a Young Teacher

I am currently working in an elementary school classroom (fifth grade) as part of my teacher education program at college. I just started last Monday, but I am loving it! My students are fabulous!!

One of the most exciting parts of starting this new part of my life was all the new clothes! I bought a few new pairs of pants and a skirt, but mostly I got new shirts. It was so much fun! I love my new professional wardrobe :) Here are a couple of my favs that I've worn so far...



This is what I wore on my first day of school! I love this dress! I got it at Target for like $42 dollars, but it was totally worth it! It was a touch low and since it was my first day I decided to wear a long-sleeved shirt under it. Not as cute as it would have been without, but it made a better first impression. (The gray long sleeved tee is from Old Navy, love it, I have it in four colors!) The gray tights are from Target and the cute corduroy flats are from Payless- $10!




This is one of my fav outfits I've worn! The plaid pants I got at the Steve and Barry's going out of business sale last year. They're Sarah Jessica Parker pants, dry clean only, but cute. The long sleeved green tee I think is from K-Mart a few years ago. The white jacket was a clearance buy at Kohls. I got it for $18 it was originally $90!!! Such a steal and I love it! The necklace was a gift, I think it went well with the ensem.



I wore this today, not my favorite outfit, but I liked it. The polka dot cardi is from Target, just 15 bucks! Under it is a gray lacy cami from who knows where? The red skirt is from Old Navy. Love it! It's cute, but modest enough. And of course black tights from either Target or Walmart.

I wish I'd taken a pic of my other fav outfit... next time I wear it. It involved a jean skirt and fuscia tights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?