About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

23 May 2010

Lost!!

First watch this it pretty much sums up my love for Lost. Lil sis saw it and said, "I'm gonna need to see that again." We wanted to memorize it before the finale, but it's six minutes long, the weekend of my sister's baby shower and we only had like three days... But it is epic! My favorite lines: I feel like I'm trapped like I stole Rousseau's baby. You have to go from bad to good, so that you can get blown up, drown or shot. Kate only loved herself.

Tonight is the series finale of Lost :( It breaks my heart to even type that. This is a show I have emotionally invested in for the last six years and tonight it will be over. The characters I've loved, the stories I've waited for with bated breath, the mysteries I've been confused by...

I remember seeing the commercials for Lost in the fall of 2004. I thought it looked interesting, but we didn't watch the Pilot (at the time I was a junior in HS). My family and I watched the second episode and were hooked. Over the next two seasons we fell in love with Charlie, laughed at Hurley's one-liners, disliked Sawyer, longed for Jack and Kate to get together, hated the Others, and generally were confused. When the Others kidnapped Walt, we freaked out. When Aaron was born, we cheered. When Boone died, we cried. We fell in love with Desmond, when he emerged from the hatch. We came to hate Ben Linus, but be amazed with the awesome talent of Michael Emerson. ("You just killed everyone on the freighter." "So?" Ben you kill me!)

I was away at school for most of season 3. I remember heading down to my dorm's great room every Wednesday to watch Lost with a group of rag-tag dormmates. We never really talked, except to comment during the commercials -"Did that really happen?" "Do you know what's happening?" "What the heck?" Good times. Season three had its ups and downs... But then came the season finale.

I was home for the season finale, in my opinion, one of the best season finales of any show ever, it blew my mind. Throughout the episode I remember noticing that Jack was using a Razor phone in what I thought was a flashback. I thought I was awesome that I noticed that the producers has made such a silly mistake. Until the final scene, when Jack met up with Kate... I thought "They knew each other before they were on the island?" Then he yelled, "We have to go back." Consider my mind blown. It was epic and amazing and crazy good. Also Charlie died in one of the most (and first) tear-inducing episodes of Lost. At least he got a heroes death. That episode changed the way I watched Lost.

Season Four saw me back at school, but living in an apartment with roommates who could have cared less about Lost. But I got the TV pretty much to myself, so Lost was still on every Wed. During the commercials I would rush into my roommates room and tell her what crazy thing had just happened. She would listen and nod and over the next two years would come to learn characters names and relationships :) For me, starting in season four, Lost became a show that kept me on the edge of my seat for an hour. I would look at the clock and wonder how sixty minutes had already passed. It seemed as if before every commercial break something crazy, unexpected and game-changing happened. We spent the season trying to figure out how they had gotten off the island. The Constant slew me with it's romance and heart-breakingly tender moments!! I grieved with Sun when Jin (apparently) exploded with the freighter.

Before the start of season 5 I acquired a very large stuffed monkey I dubbed Cody. He became my Lost watching buddy. Basically I grab him when the episode starts, squeeze him when I'm nervous, anxious, freaked out, confused (basically the entire episode)until the credits begin. Poor Cody, his neck is much less stuffed than it was when I got him. When Sayid shot young Ben, I cheered, I hoped he died. I cheered for Sawyer and Juliet and loved the effect she had on him. I gasped when Ben talked Locke out of committing suicide, only to murder him moments later. I tried hard to follow what time period everyone was living in and enjoyed the humor of Miles and Hurley. I wondered why Richard Alpert never aged.

Season six began with a lot of sadness, we knew the end was near. Cody endured more abuse and my semi-Lost literate roommate moved out. But Lost continued to blow my mind and we got some answers. We know what the whispers are. We know why they were brought to the island. We know who Adam and Eve are. And now we've reached the day of the finale. The last time lil sis can sing, "Lost is on to-night, Lost is on to-night!"

Here's what I hope for the finale:
We get answers, but they tell a story.
Desmond and Penny end up together in some universe.
Juliet gets coffee with Sawyer
Jack gets to end up with his son (see also Jin and Sun)
We find out why women can't carry babies to term on the island
I am satisfied.

Happy Lost watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?