About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

30 May 2010

I Love Books!!

A few weeks ago the Scholastic Book Warehouse near my college was having a big blowout sale. Lil sis agreed to drive there with me, as well as attend my fifth grader's rockin' musical.

I ended up getting quite a few books for only $45 dollars! It was so much fun walking around looking at all the books. I could have bought a lot more, but I tried to restrain myself :)

I got some fun chapter books:

1) Nine Innings- umm well I love baseball, and this book follows a family through nine generations (one per inning) and their affiliation with baseball.
2)Diary of a Wimpy Kid- haven't read it, but it's popular with the youngsters...
3)High School Musical 2- duh!
4) Dear Mr. Henshaw- I loved this book when I was in school.

Wayside School!
I think this is the third one, but my sises and I love all three!

Some Non-fiction

1) Big Cats- Kids love non-fiction, so this is an easy to read book about Big Cats
2)Technology- My fifth graders loved books like this! You'd never read it cover to cover, way too much info, but kids love to flip through it.
3)Astronomy- super adorable!
All of the planets and space stuff are these super cute little cartoons, plus good info!

Picture Books

1) The Pigeon Wants a Puppy- I love it; so funny! I first saw a Pigeon book when I was babysitting, the four year old read it to me (Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus) They're so cute!
2)John, Paul, George and Ben- by the guy who did the Stinky Cheese Man- a Funny, semi-informational look at some of the founding fathers.

Multicultural Pic Books

1)I Lost my Tooth in Africa- a story telling about an American girl visiting Africa, while she's there she loses a tooth, introducing the African tradition regarding tooth loss and many other customs
2)Testing the Ice- a story about Jackie Robinson written by his daughter, it has parallel stories of Robinson breaking into the majors and overcoming his fear of water and ice.

Then, I also got some books at Goodwill for a total of $.75.


1) Nate the Great
2) The Boxcar Children
3) Miss Daisy is Crazy!

I love buying books for my future classroom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?