About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

18 January 2011

Impromptu Sister Weekend

I didn't have much planned for last weekend, until I got a text from Lil Sis Thursday night asking if I wanted to visit her for the weekend. After a little strategizing (figuring out if I could still get my teacher homework done) and rearranging a bowling date (Sorry Jessie!) I decided to go up Friday night and come home Saturday evening.

Even though we only had 24 hours notice and about 24 hours together it was a pretty fun trip!

I got their Friday evening and we went out to dinner with Kev and his roommate Kyle. We went to Bennigan's because we can never go there with Momma and Daddy because Momma once got a kidney stone after eating there... After forcing me to choose the restaurant the boys proceeded to give me a hard time for choosing a place where we had to wait. We got seated after only 8 minutes and ordered. We were talking and laughing, when our waiter came up and started apologizing about how long it was taking to get our food. He said it had been half an hour, but honestly we hadn't noticed... He said he would try to get us a free dessert.

A few minutes later he came back and said that he was going to talk to his manager and get us each a free dessert of our choice. We were pretty stoked because we weren't even annoyed that it was taking a long time! Just as the manager walked up to talk to us, Kyle said something to the effect, "Move, or I could just urinate right here." Awkward. But luckily the manager still apologized and offered us free dessert.

Right as the waiter came to take our dessert orders (3 huge chocolate cakes and a brownie sundae) Lil Sis pushed her plate towards me and said, "You can just spit on it now." (So that she wouldn't eat anymore.) Awkward again. The employees must have thought we were crazy! But we got our enormous, delicious chocolate desserts and were in Heaven.

Then we hit up Family Video hoping to rent a Bug's Life which ABC Family erroneously told us would be on last Saturday evening and it was not. Sadly it was rented. So we rented Flipped and Easy A. We watched Easy A first. I had already seen it and loved it. Love Emma Stone (though not so much her blonde hair at the Golden Globes...) I love Stanley Tucci and he is fabulous in this movie as Emma Stone's dad. (What you're adopted? Who told you?") Lil Sis hadn't seen it yet, but she loved it too!

Then we watched Flipped. I've had the book for forever, but the real reason I wanted to watch it is because a little boy I used to babysit for was an extra in it! Exciting! According to the interviews his Mom gave to the local papers he was right near the leads in lots of scenes at the school, but I didn't see him. He's only probably eight or nine, so he would probably just have been in the scenes in when the leads were in elementary school, which was only four or five minutes, so I probably just missed him (He's a cute, little red-head. If you happen to notice him, let me know!), but it was still a cute movie.

Saturday morning we slept in and did some shopping. I got prizes for my school store at Dollar Tree and Lil Sis returned something at the school bookstore. We also stopped at Joann's to buy fleece to make no-sew fleece blankets. We couldn't believe that we are young, female college students who own not a single tie fleece blanket. We decided to remedy this problem. Lil Sis found adorable pink fleece with lime green tennis rackets, and green, pink and white flowers. So cute! She got pink and white plaid for the back.

Here's Cody modeling my finished blanket:

How 'bout the flip side?


It is soooooooooooooooooooooo cozy and warm!!! I love it!

After an hour and a half of blanket making while watching Disney Channel, we decided to go bowling with Kev, Kyle, one of Lil Sis's roomies and their friend Ryan. It was lots of fun! The first game I got a 122, which was second best! I didn't do so well in the second game, just a 93, but for the two-game series I still came in second!

After bowling, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner before I rushed off home. It was a very fun weekend!

Then on Sunday I woke up feeling really lousy, so I cancelled my postponed bowling date (Sorry Jessie!) and just lounged around the house in my PJs, watching TV and reading. I finished re-reading I Am Number Four and read most of The Golden Spiral- sooooooooooooooooooo good! I love me some Dante.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?