About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

01 January 2011

Christmas Break Comes to a Close

My two week Christmas break has come and almost gone. But I had a wonderful Christmas season.

I had a lovely Christmas party with my high school girlfriends. They came over to my house. We had dinner, exchanged gifts and had lots of good girl talk. We each bought a tenish dollar gift and chose them White Elephant style. I had a really pretty headband and pearl necklace for a long time, before they were stolen on the last turn. I did however end up with a nice white purse and a teal picture frame. We got to meet my friend Holly's cutie pie boyfriend who was visiting from Mexico, which was nice. It was great to catch up with these girlies. Love them!


Christmas Eve- Momma, Daddy, Lil Sis and I went to church in the afternoon. Father talked for a long time and we barely got finished before the second service two hours later! Then we went to McDonald's as is our tradition :) Then we opened a few presents (those from Lil Sis and I) and played Apples to Apples. Finally we finished up the night watching the Grinch (the original cartoon, of course) and the Muppet Family Christmas (uh, uh pass it on!) Daddy read us Twas the Night Before Christmas before we went to bed :)


On Christmas we woke up at eight to open our presents. The highlights of my gifts from Momma and Daddy are a remote car starter, a coat rack to hang my purses on

and Tickets to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!! Lil Sis and I are going to Florida this spring, so this was very exciting :D Then we got ready for the day and headed to my aunt and uncle's house. We had lots of fun playing with our cousins. I spent time playing floor hockey in the basement with my seven-year old cousin and sorting a one pound bag of colored beads with my cousin for about an hour, did I mention she's four years old and this is what she wanted to spend her time on Christmas doing, sorting beads? She's adorable.


The day after Christmas, we headed out to see Big Sis, BIL and Lil E. We had a great time. Lil E did a great job of "helping" to open her presents. She would grab hold of the paper, rip it off and put it directly into her mouth! We had lots of fun playing with Lil E, playing games, eating out and doing some shopping. Sadly after a couple of days we had to head home.

New Year's Eve- I went over to my friend Stefanie's house. It was pretty low-key, just five of us, but we had fun. We played this weird, Cranium-like game called Quelf, Apples to Apples and Catchphrase. Then we watched New Year's Rockin' Eve so that we could see the Backstreet Boys!! Good times.

I hope you enjoyed your Holiday Season as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?