About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

25 March 2013

I'm Grateful For... My Grandparents

This I'm Grateful post is a little late because I was home for the weekend and we were so busy having fun that I didn't have time to write :)

On Friday (and over the weekend) I was feeling very grateful and blessed to have three of my grandparents still living. I am so blessed to have these amazing people in my life. Sadly, Papa, Daddy's dad passed away when I was in elementary school. However, I have had so many wonderful memory-filled years with my grandparents.

Momma's dad, Grandpa B. had surgery last week. Thankfully, he came through the surgery well and it looks like it was successful. I was able to go see him in the hospital when I was home for the weekend. It was so good to be able to see him and give him a kiss!! He and my Grandma B have been through a lot together! They had five kids and ten grandchildren. We have had fun family reunions in Mackinac, Michigan City and Rockford celebrating milestone birthdays and anniversaries.


We celebrated Daddy's mom's 90th birthday this fall!!!!! It was an amazing party with over 75 people there to celebrate her life! It was so much fun to watch a video of pictures from her life. She raised nine children, who all turned out to be wonderful, successful people. She had tons of grandchildren and over 10 great-grandchildren. She is a very tough and inspiring woman. She began painting after she moved into the retirement community where she lives now and discovered an amazing painting talent. It is a milestone for the cousins in our family that when we get our own place, you get to pick one of Grandma's paintings.
Here's the one that I chose when I moved into my place last year.

My grandparents are the best and I am so, so very blessed to have them in my life!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?