About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

28 June 2010

Epic Weekend

Last weekend my parents went to visit big sis and bro-in-law, leaving lil sis and I with the house to ourselves for a weekend- an Epic Weekend.

Epic Weekend existed of four parts the first two of which are chronicled here.

Epic Weekend- Part I- Backstreet's Back!

Yes, Lil Sis and I attended the Backstreet Boys concert on Friday night!!!! It was amazingsauce!!!!

We got lawn tix for $15 which we agreed were the best fifteen bucks we've ever spent! Aren't we adorable?
:)

Waiting... in the beautiful summer evening!

The lawn was definitely more crowded than the seats :)

The Opening Act- Mindless Behavior (aka 4 12 year old boys...)

Then our favorite boy band!! I couldn't really get any good pictures...



But it was an awesome concert! Lil Sis and I were up and rocking out the entire time!!! We were a little worried they'd play a bunch of their new stuff that we didn't know/care about. But they played a lot of their old stuff. Probably two of every three songs were oldies but goodies. There were like 4 or 5 costume changes including one when they were dressed as robots. Also during costume changes they played trailers of movies with BSB as the leads, the best was Brian as the prince in Enchanted :)

Here's my boy!

I <3 Brian and his adorable little son. To start the show this adorable curly headed kid came out. He said, "Are you ready for the Backstreet Boys? Here's Nick, Howie, A.J., and of course my dad, Brian!" So cute!!!

Here we are with our excited faces!

The weather stayed pretty good for most of the concert, but about half an hour before the end it started sprinkling, then I got a text from a friend saying there were tornado watches in the area... I figured that if it was bad they would stop the concert. Then it started pouring!!! and we saw lightning flashes in the distance. We were soaked, but it was so fun!!! When it was over everybody splashed in puddles all the way to the exit. The rain definitely made the night :) Here we are in the car after the show

So Awesome!!!! If you have a chance to see BSB definitely do it, so worth the money!!

Epic Weekend Part II- Seeing Toy Story 3 in Imax. Neither Lil Sis nor I had ever seen a movie in Imax so we decided to check it out.

The movie was awesome! I laughed, I cried (almost), I definitely left feeling satisfied! For peeps my age it was cool to have Andy grow up with us and be dealing with similar life situations as us now (i.e. going away to college). Pixar does it again! Seriously, their movies never stink and usually always rock! Definitely check this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?