About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

20 August 2010

I am grateful for... my job

As I wrote a few weeks ago: I love my job and I am so grateful that I have had this job for three summers. Sadly, today was my last day for the summer, but I am definitely grateful that God led me to this wonderful daycare, these wonderful teachers and these wonderful kids!!!

I got to work today and all of the kids were hiding and jumped out and yelled, "Surprise!" So cute!!! All of the kids in my class had painted messages on posters for me and everyone had made cards. I love these cards with misspellings, Tigers Old English Ds and portraits of me! My co-workers presented me with a beautiful mum plant in a pot shaped like a tea cup which looks like a flower. It's beautiful!

Then one of the darling seven year old girls wanted to sing a song for me. So she performed "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus for me. It was so sweet. I never thought that I would tear up while listening to that song, but I did today!

We were having a pajama party today, so we all wore our PJs and ate pizza for lunch. Yum! The rest of the afternoon was pretty normal, until kids starting getting picked up... :(

I am grateful for all of the hugs from small arms, all of the "I love you"s and "I'll miss you"s and "Will you be back next summer?"s. I got hugs from all the kids, teachers and even one parent! We have the best families!!!! I'm going to miss them all terribly, but I'll be back for visits and hopefully employment next summer.

After the last lil guys got picked up, I still had to vacuum. My eyes definitely teared up while I finished cleaning up the empty daycare... but I'm grateful for the passion that I have for my job and the people I work with.

What are you grateful for this Friday?
p.s. I am also grateful that I finally figured out how to make links in my posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?