About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

10 August 2010

Uhhh... I bought this at Goodwill.

The last couple of weeks I've bought some cheap used books for my future classrooms. Lil Sis, her BF and I stopped by a garage sale in our neighborhood a couple of weekends ago. Lil Sis bought a turtle shaped plastic sandbox for her apartment :) Her BF bought some power cords and I bought children's books. That says a lot about all of us :)
I got all of these for $1.25 Pretty awesome! I love Because of Winn-Dixie. I just saw the movie last week- so good. Plus I love Jeff Daniels :)

Then one day last week Lil Sis and I decided to hit up the Goodwill in our town which neither of us had been to yet. It opened last year and we kept meaning to go, but we never did. So we headed over. We both tried on some clothes, but didn't get anything. But we headed over to the books/ kid's section. First I got Scrabble Junior- Disney Edition :)

Then I got some books. I love Frog and Toad, am only one book from having a complete set of HSM books (still need the first) and love Harriet the Spy. All of this for like $1.50. Sweet Deal. (sidenote- In Harriet the Spy the movie, Sport is played by none other than Ephram Brown. aka Gregory Smith. Love him!)

So I took Harriet the Spy with me to work the next day to read during Reading time. When I opened the book I saw that it had a stamp from our town library. I flipped to the back and it had a barcode and a library envelope in the back... uhhh. So I start thinking, "Did somebody donate a library book? Didn't the Goodwill people look at the book? Who donates a library book?" I told the kids and they couldn't believe that a library book got donated.

I decided to take the book back to the library and see what they said. In the meantime I checked the catalog online and it showed they had a copy of the book in. I took the book to the library and of course the cute young man is working :) I explained what had happened, expecting full well to give him the book and maybe leave with the dollar I spent on the book. But he scanned the book and said it wasn't in their system anymore, so I was free to keep it. Yay!

I figure somebody must have lost it, paid for it at the library, then found it and decided to donate it... All's well that ends well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jillian!
    You should try to get the Junie B Jones books. There so good, and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?