About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

06 March 2011

Paris, Ooh La La

One weekend while we were in the Netherlands, we took the train to Paris. It was a bit of a crazy trip, in that we almost missed our connecting train. As in we were those people, running through the train station, to hop on the train seconds before it pulls away.


Once we arrived we relied on my three semesters of French to translate for us. We couldn't find anyone who could help us navigate the metro, so we took a cab to our hostel. I was worried that the young cab driver would take us unknowingly to the wrong location, but he didn't :)

We had the most adorable hostel ever.






Our first night we had dinner in a nice French cafe. I used my mad French skills to translate the menu. Our young, French waiter and I had a moment when we combined our language skills to translate the world egg :)

Then we hit the metro, with help from some nice men in from our hostel, and headed to see the Eiffel Tower.

Why yes there is a random Asian guy in my picture with me. No big deal.



Why yes, when the tower started sparkling, our merry band of travelers did rush from underneath it to see the sparkling and get split up. Only to be reunited by a Frenchman in the midst of his bachelor party, where he was collecting kisses. We obliged with kisses on the cheek :)

The Eiffel Tower at night is seriously one of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen. But a bit of advice, if and when you ever go to Paris. Go see the Eiffel Tower in the daylight first, because we saw it at night first and then it was a bit of a letdown to see it in the day, because it's so gorgeous at night...



See what I mean?


We met some lovely British boys on top of the Eiffel Tower. And enjoyed the view even though it was crowded, cold and windy!





After we made it back down, we had lunch at a fantastic Italian restaurant-
One of the waiters thought one of our girls looked like Britney Spears.

Then we headed to Notre Dame, but this post is already much too long, so I'll save Notre Dame and the Louvre for another day :)


P.S. I just remembered that I was going to have the lyrics to "Paris Holds the Key to Her Heart" do the commentary for this post... oops. I guess I'll save them for the N.D./Louvre post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?