About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

13 March 2011

Goal 2, Check, Goal 3, Check

As I mentioned here I am working my way through a list of at least 10 goals for the year 2011. Recently (well one of them not so recently...) I completed two more of my goals!

Goal #2- Complete an online teaching application by the end of February. I actually did complete this goal with a few days to spare. It was a very long process of filling in pages and pages of info, uploading resumes, cover letters, scanning my transcripts, scanning my transcripts again in black and white, looking up addresses and phone numbers for references, etc.

But it felt so good to have done! It felt even better to find out that the same company does applications for lots of counties and districts in the state. So when I started the subsequent applications it imported most all of my info from the first application. Now I've done the application for four districts/counties and have started a fifth! I am praying that if it's part of God's plan, these apps will help me get a job come fall!!

Goal #3- Finish the book The Me I Want to Be, by John Ortberg.

I was fortunate to hear John Ortberg speak at Big Sis and BIL's church last winter. I was very interested in learning more, so I bought his book shortly after I heard him speak. I started the book last summer. It was a great book, very inspiring and with lots of good food for thought. However, it is a meaty book, there's lots to think about and absorb and reflect on. Not exactly a lay on the beach/deck, easy summer read. So about halfway through I put it down.

But I've really wanted to finish it. I decided to start over and read it for 10-15 minutes every night before I went to bed. This gave me time to think and reflect without other things going on around me. I kept plugging away and a few weeks ago I finished.

It is a great book, which I really recommend. It is all about becoming the person you want to be, not the person others want you to be, and growing beyond the person you are now. I loved the section that talks about finding the flow of the Spirit in everything that you do and doing everything for God and that things that we would think of as un-spiritual, like listening to music or watching sports can be spiritual if we invite the Spirit into that part of our lives. It also talks about having your work honor God and making relationships a priority in your life. I also liked when he talked about finding the best way for you to spend time with God and that for everyone it's different. Not everyone becomes closest to God through reading the Bible or journaling or singing, we all have to find what works best for us. It is very inspiring and challenges you a lot. I'm probably not describing it very well at all, but it is a great, spiritual read. You can go here for more info.

I'm well on my way to completing my list of goals and it feels wonderful to check them off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?