About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

01 March 2011

Europe *sigh*

The summer after my junior year of college I had the chance to spend a month studying in the Netherlands. It was one of the best months of my life! I had an amazing time learning and traveling. There were sixteen of us and two professors from our university and we all got along really well. We had our weekends open, so we spent all of them traveling around Europe. We had so much fun together! It was an amazing experience. I miss it like crazy. This afternoon I looked through all of my Europe pictures that are on facebook and my heart just yearns to be back there. My mouth was watering as I thought about the ham and kaas {cheese} paninis and crinkle cut fries I used to get from the cafe at the library. Delicious! Anyway... I miss Europe and the friends I made there so much!!

Last March I wrote this post about our trip to Ireland, but I'd like to share some of the other wonderful parts of our trip. I have so many pictures and I don't want to bore you all at once, so I'm going to break it down into a few posts :)

It will mostly be photos with a few comments thrown in here and there. Enjoy!

These are pics from around Maastricht, the town we stayed in!






This old church was converted into a bookstore! Love!


This is one of my favorite pictures from my whole trip. The view of Maastricht from a bridge over the Maas river.

The library where we practically lived before we got free internet, and where we loved to eat quick, cheap, delicious lunches.



Inside our classroom, where we learned a lot about teaching English Language Learners:


These are from a chateau in Belgium that we biked to.



Well this is actually a hot chocolate I got at a cafe in Belgium. It was the cafe owned by the folks who rescued one of our own that got lost during our bike trip...

Inside our hostel:





The students I worked with at the International school in town. They were so amazing and inspiring. One of my students spoke four languages!! And they had lived all over the world.:



Our favorite ice cream shop:
Delish!

Our last night :(





If you ever get the chance to study abroad, please, please do. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?