About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

21 January 2013

Starkid a Day

In the days leading up to Lil Sis and I attending Starkid's newest endeavor, Airport For Birds, a sketch comedy show at Second City, I will posting a Starkid a Day feature, highlighting one member of Team Starkid per day.

Today I'll start with the man himself: Darren Criss!

Our favorite, afroed Harry Potter.
Such an adorable cutie! Love the curly hair, it makes me miss it so much. I read a quote from Darren that he always has to wear hats in the winter now, when he didn't before because his hair covered his ears :) He chopped it off before he tried out for Blaine.

After they did AVPM, he graduated, did a couple of episodes of the show Eastwick, went back to to AVPS and then got Glee.

I fell in love with him as our favorite Warbler on Glee. He looked so dapper and adorable in his blazer every week. And of course leading the vocals of the amazing Warblers. Teenage Dream? Come on amazing!

Plus he is an amazing songwriter. He wrote several of the songs in AVPM, including Granger Danger, Not Alone and Goin' Back to Hogwarts. He wrote all of the songs and music for AVPS and Starship. I love listening to those soundtracks; those two are my favorite of the Starkid soundtracks, maybe because subconsciously I know that D-Criss wrote them, or because his superior songwriting makes them better than the others? I don't know. But I do know that Not Alone is one of my most favorite songs.
  Love it!


Lil Sis and I went to New York to see Darren's Broadway debut in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, last winter. We had such a blast!!!


We waited around outside of the theater after the show to see him. There were so many people that we had to wait across the street and they literally called the police to help with crowd control! It was absolutely freezing and we were dressed up in skirts and dress shoes. My toes were going numb as we waited for Darren to come out. While we were waiting, the fans would randomly burst out in rounds of "Goin' Back to Hogwarts." But he came out and was so excited to see everyone. He bounced up and down and got everyone to be quiet so that he could thank everyone for coming.


This summer we were super pumped that he was going to be able to be back as Harry for AVPSY at Leaky Con. They wouldn't have been able to do it without him and he was fabulous!!!

Was is sad that he didn't have his awesome curly Harry Potter hair? Yes, but it was soooooooo good that he was back, with his glasses, joking with Ron, sparring with Draco and singing his little heart out. And yeah, he didn't know most of his lines, but he did his best and sang wonderfully. And the tie!!! And the end, oh boy when he started tearing up and said that it had been, "totally awesome," there was barely a dry eye in the house.

 I read a quote from someone that said that they could get Darren to Leaky Con by telling him that all of his friends would be there, because he doesn't like to miss out on friend time. I love that even though he is famous, he is still friends with his college buddies and wishes he could be doing what they're doing, when he has to be away at Glee. He got into Chicago very early Saturday morning, did AVPSY, hung out at the ball that night and was back filming the freakin' break-up scene of Glee the next night... Poor guy. 

Then he went and published an awesome letter to his fans the night said break-up episode aired. It was so sweet and touching. He's such a sweetie pie. Plus he recorded his own arrangement of Teenage Dream live as they filmed the episode and played piano for the soundtrack version. Darren Criss, What the heck can't he do?

I love when he wears U of M shirts and stuff. There was one photo shoot for Faces of Fox or something and he's wearing a U of M shirt. Awesome!



 And his hot pink sunglasses that he wore to the Golden Globes.




And how can I forget him singing with Kermit at the Oscars!!!!!
mazing lyrics and quotes "There's nothing more badass than being yourself."



Love, love, love him!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?