About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

27 January 2013

Yes, They Do Have Girls in Starkid

Not many, but there are some totally awesome ladies in Starkid!! One of whom is Miss Lauren Lopez.



Sadly she hardly ever gets to look like this while performing. In Little White Lie, she was a blonde (who was dating Darren Criss' character :)



In AVPM, she played Draco Malfoy. And was awesome, despite the fact that she is a woman.

Her Malfoy is fantastic! She somehow makes an 11-year old boy who still wears a diaper funny. She does excellent drawrings and rolls around the floor. 

There is a great video of someone asking Tom Felton, who plays Malfoy in the movies, if he's seen the show and what he thinks of how Malfoy is portrayed. When someone mentions how she rolls around the floor. He says, "She?". It's pretty funny. 

Here's a clip of him later, after he's actually seen it complimenting Lauren on her unique portrayal and mentioning when he met Darren (and Joey) at the Teen Choice Awards or something.
auren reprised her role of Draco in AVPS. In Starship, she played Bugette, a female bug with a crush on the main character, Bug.


As well as the rugged Starship Ranger, Taz. 


In Holy Musical B@man, she played Inspector Gordon and of course was again Malfoy in AVPSY.

Lauren is one of several members of Starkid that still live in Chicago. She and a few of the other ladies of Starkid have started a female empowerment-type website called, "Know Your Glow" to promote and encourage young girls to be themselves and boost their self-esteem. 

She also wrote a cookbook called, These Treats Don't Suck: A Gluten Free Cookbook. I haven't read it, because I don't need a gluten-free cookbook, but I hear it's pretty hilarious :)

She's sung songs for Starkid such as: Granger Danger, Voldemore is Going Down, No Way, Days of Summer, Get Up, and This School is Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?