About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

05 February 2011

Goal 1 Complete!

I made a list of ten goals that I wanted to complete in 2011. I decided not to post them all at the start of the year, but chronicle them when I complete them. Well, I finished up my first goal this weekend- Completing my teaching portfolio by the end of January.

I thought this thing was going to kill me, but it's finished and I'm still alive!! It was a lot of hard work and tedious work and making copies and then finding typos and making more copies. But it's done!!! Hopefully it helps me get a wonderful job this spring/summer.

Here is the outside of my main portfolio. It's a one-inch binder stuffed to the brim, but we couldn't professional looking binders that came in larger sizes...

A sneak peak at the first page. I did all of the first pages of each section in colored paper. Then I added "Warm Fuzzies" that my third graders had written about me. Warm Fuzzies are basically "I am Thankful for Ms. Bean because..." I tried to line them up with what was in each section. i.e. I am thankful for Ms. Bean because she creates fun and interesting lessons for us. went at the beginning of the section about lesson plans.





In addition to my main portfolio I also created 5 mini-portfolios, which basically contain a resume, letters of recommendation and a few pictures/quotes about teaching that I love.
"Every person is gifted in some area. We just have to find out what that area is." Evelyn Blose Homan

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." Fredrick Doublass


It was so much work, but I am so grateful that it is done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?