About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

26 September 2010

I am Grateful for... my niece

Sorry this post is a little late, I spent the weekend visiting the best little niece in the world. I am so so so very grateful for her. She truly is a beautiful blessing from God!!

This weekend was her dedication at Big Sis and BIL's church. So Momma, Daddy and I went out for a visit. It was a very short trip, but it was so good to see them again!! Lil E is getting soooooooooooo big!

We spent Saturday morning holding Lil E, staring at her, watching her sleep. Passing her around between Momma, Daddy and I. :) I got to hold her for about 40 minutes while she napped and Momma and Daddy checked into the hotel. It was so peaceful. I could watch her sleep for hours. I always thought that was weird when parents said they did that, but I totally could!! I love when after I hold Lil E, my arms smell like that beautiful, clean baby smell. :) I also never got when people talked about baby smell, but it is so yummy and sweet :)

That afternoon BIL's dad and step-mom came into town and we had to share Lil E cuddle time with them, but that was OK. We all went to dinner, which was delicious. When Lil E started getting fussy, when I held her she quieted right down and fell asleep. I am definitely the Emma whisperer :) The same thing happened after church today. She started getting fussy. Grandma (Momma) held her and she was still fussing, but when I held her she quieted right down. Too bad for Big Sis I'm not around more often :)

The ceremony today was really nice and very personal. It was basically a ceremony saying that Big Sis and BIL will raise Lil E as a Christian and that they have dedicated her life to God. Afterwards we took a bunch of pictures and then we had to hit the road :( It was sad to say good-bye cause we're not sure when we'll see them next... But we got lots of good pics and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?