About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

03 September 2010

I'm Grateful For... My Fabulous CTs

I am so thankful that I have been blessed with two amazing mentors as my co-operating teachers. For my teacher assisting I worked with a wonderful teacher on the verge of retirement. For my student teaching I am working in the classroom of a seven-year teacher with a beautiful new baby boy. They are both fabulous, wonderful, amazing teachers and someday I hope to be half of the teachers that they are!

Mrs. D was my CT for teacher assisting. This week she sent me a very sweet e-mail wishing me luck as I started my student teaching. It was kind of her to think of me :) I loved working with her. Even though there was a large age gap between us, we got along so well. She was so enthusiastic and energetic about teaching even though she was getting on in years. We hear a lot about how we have to get rid of older teachers, who are stuck in their ways and ineffective and boring. However, Mrs. D was nothing like this. Our students loved her and loved her lessons. She made learning fun and exciting and used technology a lot! She was always flexible and willing to try new things. Plus she was such a sweetheart. My first day, when I was super nervous, she welcomed me with a big hug and a smile, I'll never forget that. And I learned so much, just by watching her, by listening to her wisdom and advice and by teaching our amazing students. I loved every minute of my teacher assisting experience, thanks to Mrs. D!!!

Now I am student teaching with the lovely and talented Ms. M. She has been teaching for seven years and just had an adorable lil guy this summer. She has been so welcoming toward me. The first day we met up to set up the classroom, she took me out to lunch first. She said that we couldn't work together until we got to know each other. We had a great time! She's such a sweetie and I can tell she's a great teacher even though school hasn't started yet. She's always encouraging me to ask questions and get involved. I know that her main concern is the students and helping them to grow and shine. Yesterday we got to meet some of our students and she truly interested in their lives and what they had done this summer. She has a heart for teaching and is very devoted. I can't wait to spend a semester learning from her!!!

God had truly, truly blessed me with two amazing women to guide me through my teaching experience!!! School starts Tuesday, prayers are appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?