About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

26 October 2010

Autumn

It seems as though Autumn is fast fading into winter.
The beautiful Indian Summer is gone.
Most of the trees have shed their leaves.
The trees that once burned with color are now bare.
The warm summer air turned crisp and cool.
Now the crisp, cool air has turned into a cold, biting wind.
The days of apple picking, cider drinking and hay riding are coming to an end.
Soon we'll be shoveling, and scraping and plowing.
But we'll remember
the way the cider tasted on our tongues...
the beauty of rusty colored leaves against green grass...
the way the rake cuts into our hands...
the satisfying crunch that comes from stepping on the perfect fall leaf...
the feel of the wind gently tousling your hair...
the ooie gooieness of pumpkin guts on your hands...
the sharp, warm smell of leaves burning...
the feel of an itchy sweater on your skin...
the glory of God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?