About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

30 October 2010

I am Grateful for... the Monster Mash

I am grateful for... the Monster Mash. The school where I teach threw a Monster Mash yesterday before our Halloween parties. It was so so so much fun! It was basically a school-wide dance party that our music teacher put together.

We danced to the Monster Mash, the Addams Family Theme Song, Thriller, the YMCA, I've Got a Feeling, the Cha Cha Slide, and Break Your Heart. It was a blast!! It was fabulous to be able to just hang out and have fun and dance with my students!!! We rarely get to have that kind of experience, outside of learning with our students and it was a great way to connect with them!

They had fun, we teachers had fun, the parents had fun watching. I didn't take any pictures (I was too busy dancing) but I'm sure I'm in a lot of home videos and photos.

I was rockin' my mom-made Belle costume, which was fun, but my feel killed after dancing in my golden heels for half an hour! And there was gold glitter all over me! but so worth it. If you are a teacher I would definitely recommend adding a Monster Mash to your Halloween festivities next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?