About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

24 March 2010

Naked Pilates....uh what?

So a few weeks ago I get an e-mail from my small group leader, asking if people still want to do naked pilates the next week. I left early the night before, so I'm like what????? I love these girls, but exercising (sp?) together while naked does not sound like my cup of tea. I figured it didn't really mean naked, but that it was organic and natural like naked granola...

Some people e-mailed back asking how much it cost, etc. I finally e-mail back (to everyone in the group) saying, what's this naked pilates about?

I get an e-mail back from one of our leaders saying, "If by naked pilates, you mean painting pottery at a place called naked plates...."

*crickets* *Jillibean bursts out laughing* *Jillibean runs to tell her roommates about her apparent lack of reading abilities*

Yes, I misread naked plates as naked pilates a couple of times and then admitted this mistake to all the young women in my small group, and I felt awesome. But actually it was a fabulous story, which gets brought up quite often.

Anyway the actual painting of the pottery was quite fun. These girls are amazingly creative and we all ended up with beautiful mugs! We have yet to take a group pic with them, but here are some pics I took of my mug.






I love the girls in my small group. They are a riot and fabulous, fabulous women of God!!! I am so blessed to have them in my life. <3

1 comment:

  1. haha. i LOVE this story. naked pilates will never get old. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?