About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

12 March 2010

Owen Hunt, Patrick Dempsey and the Olympians...

So today I saw Percy Jackson & The Olympians- The Lightning Thief, which is like the longest title ever. My friend has read all the books and keeps saying she'll loan then to me (...) so we went to see the film. I wasn't super excited, but I was up for it.

The movie started and who should wander onto the screen...



One Owen Hunt (aka Kevin McKidd in real life). Isn't he looking delicious in his army uniform? Yes our favorite Dr. Hunt is in Percy Jackson and suddenly the movie became much more interesting to me :) Sadly, he wasn't in in it much, but my friend assures me that he is more prevalent in the later books. Can't wait!! Plus now I'm glad I hadn't read the books because now Poseidon will always look like Kevin McKidd to me :D

Back to the movie- I thought it was really good- funny, some action, a bit of romance. Overall money well spent.

Plus I think the kid who plays Percy Jackson, 17 year old Logan Lerman, looks a bit like Zac Efron, which made me like him quite a lot. Here's a comparison for you...
First the ever fabulous Zac Efron


Now Logan
(not the best pic, but I have to work with what I can find- see the movie you'll know what I'm talking about.)

I know right? Check this out for a very nice picture of the handsome Logan: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2727120384/nm0503567

Anyway the movie was good and seeing Kevin McKidd got me in the mood to see some more (movies) of him... So I rented Made of Honor, which is pretty much the best ever, because I love Kevin McKidd and I love Patrick Dempsey and anytime I can watch one show/movie with both of them, it is a good day (see Grey's Anatomy and Made of Honor). Plus in Made of Honor Patrick gets the girl, but Kevin gets the awesome accent! It's a win-win situation!!



Beautifulspice!!

Fav. quote from Percy Jackson- "It's like high school without the musical."

Fav. quotes from Made of Honor- "What are we going to do? Steal the Bride"
"I'm sorry I didn't kill anything for you."
"Ten years ago I got into bed with the wrong girl, but she turned out to be the right girl."
(ps all the pics are from google!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?