About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

29 March 2010

I love my family

So I went home this weekend. It was my cousin's fourth birthday, so of course I had to be there!

I left for home right after school was done around noon. I got home and relaxed and watched the Tigers on TV!!! It was very exciting; it was my first game of the year. Although it was annoying because it was dumb ESPN announcers and not our beloved Rod and Mario, alas I will have to keep waiting for them.

Then my Mom got home and we watched Say Yes to the Dress. We were horrified at the amount of money these women were spending on wedding dresses. This one lady came in with a $3,000 budget and wanted to buy at dress that was $6,800!!!! She said it probably equalled $1,000 an hour that she would be wearing it, craziness.

My Daddio came home early and we went test drive his new car- a pretty blue impala with heated leather seats. All I want in a car is automatic locks... *sigh* Then went to Pizza Hut, delish.

We stopped at Coldstone (I got mint with M&Ms and chocolate chips) and watched basketball. Well I fell asleep on the couch and woke up with 4 minutes left in the State game. But at that point it was tied, so I saw the most important part.

Saturday was my cousin's b-day. Since neither of my sises were there, I was the only other cousin to play with my six and four year old cousins. It was fun. We played hockey in the basement, dress-up, etc. And we had ladybug funfetti cake which turned your mouth a horrible shade of black if you didn't carefully shovel the cake into your mouth without letting it touch your lips. I wish I had a photo of my parents and I attempting this.

After the party we went to Fenton House for dinner. Ah-mazing!! Love their breadsticks- the best in the world. Then at home we watched some more basketball.

Sunday I pretty much got up and left. But it was a nice trip home. Can't wait to see them all (plus my sisters!!!!) this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?