About Me

My photo
I am a twenty-something second year teacher living in the midwest. I am a Christian woman and proud of it! I am the middle child of three girls. I am the proud aunt of the very beautiful Lil E and Lil C!! I love TV, movies, reading, and baseball. I am in my second year of teaching , but my first year teaching kindergarten. It has been quite the journey!

11 February 2011

I am Grateful For...

I am Grateful for... God's Plan.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've had the opportunity to interview for two long-term subbing positions in the district I'm currently working in. Both of them would be great opportunities, in grades where I have experience and at new schools I haven't worked in.

I interviewed at one first and it went really well.

Before I heard back from them, I had the other interview. They seemed very interested, but didn't want to step on the toes of the other school, but they wanted me to keep them up-to-date on what was happening with the first job.

Last time I was all confusedy. I didn't know what to do. There was one spot that I would slightly prefer and I wasn't sure how to handle the two competing jobs. I prayed that God would show me where he wanted me to be and that His will would be done, not mine.

Today I found out that I didn't get the job that I interviewed for first. At first I was pretty disappointed, but I tried to remind myself that God had a plan for me. I was getting kind of upset that I didn't get this job that I really wanted, when it hit me. I was one of those people.

Like that story where the guy is sitting on his house, which is all flooded and he prays to God to save him. When boats and helicopters come past he says he's fine, God will save him. Well, he ends up dying. When he meets God he asks why God didn't save him. God says, "I sent a boat and a helicopter."

It hit me that I had prayed and asked God to show me which position I was supposed to be in and that His will was done, yet when that happened I was disappointed. God had answered my prayer and shown me that the first job wasn't where He wanted me to be. God closed a door because I asked him to give me guidance and vision on where He wanted my life to go. I realized that I should have been praising him for answering my prayer, not reaching out for comfort. I trust that God has a plan for my life and that I am living it. I'm hoping that I'll hear back from the other school soon, but I know that God has a plan and that's the one I want to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?